Get to know the top 10 games offering the best car racing simulation available on mobile!
Racing games are one of the most popular gaming categories on mobile. With more than 1000 new racing games being added to the mobile stores every year, it is very tough to find the best racing simulation that offers stunning wheels with immaculate performance for your mobile. In recent times, we've seen some of the most powerful smartphones running heavy console games like a breeze. This upgradation in technology has helped many developers to make incredible racing experiences for mobile users.
In this article, we will discuss the top 10 best racing games available for you to play on your mobile phones as of March 2022. We will discuss the features of each racing game in detail and help you pick the best racing game for your mobile phones.
NOTE: This list only features games that are pure racing games and not drag or drift racing games.
Here's our curated web based racing games available to play for free on TopSpeed. From endless highway racing to stunning drag racing, we got you covered.
We have chosen games in the list that pass our selection criteria that include:
– Realistic Driving Physics: Driving in any racing game is the most essential part of the experience more than the graphics or concept itself.
– Stunning Cars: Cars being the biggest highlight for any racing game have to look amazing and highly customizable.
– Photorealistic Graphics: Highest quality graphics and visual effects that are customizable according to your mobile capability.
– Intuitive UI: UI is an essential part of the experience as it helps in navigation across the game. This could really make or break the game if not implemented properly.
– Great Music: Background music adds a certain level of professionalism to the game which also makes up for a great racing experience.
Now that we have mentioned our selection criteria of the games in the list. Let's take a look at the top 10 best racing games available on mobile stores.
Horizon Chase is a great conceptual racing game that was one of the biggest game releases in 2015. It gained big press and audience due to its modern twist to the 16-bit retro-style graphics that resonated with the gamers instantly.
– Driving: Car physics are arcade-like and super fun. These physics makes up for the lack of realistic driving because it suits the theme of the game.
– Cars: There are insane 26 unlockable cars in the game.
– Graphics: The graphics of this game are very cool and fresh. It looks like a modern twist to the 16-bit retro-style graphics. The game looks very vibrant and eye-catchy.
– Friendly UI: The UI could be overwhelming but there is a cool tutorial showing all the UI capability before you start playing the actual game.
– Music: The music of the game is fantastic and suits the theme of the game perfectly. The music is composed by Barry Leitch, who has worked on music for a lot of the classic racing games over the years.
Horizon Chase is available to play for free on both Android and iOS.
Beach Buggy Racing 2 is one of the most fun racing games in the list. It is a second sequel in the Beach Buggy Racing Series and was released in December 2018. It has a lot more detailed racing tracks and better driving physics than the previous sequel. Now with a lot more power-ups and boosters in the race, this game is a worthy check out.
– Driving: Car/Buggy physics are very arcade-like and semi-realistic.
– Cars: There are 40 unique cars including monster trucks, moon rovers, race cars, and beach buggies!
– Graphics: The graphics of the game are very cartoonish and caters to a younger audience demographic. The visual effects are really fun and very kid-friendly.
– Friendly UI: The UI is similar to the graphic style and includes cartoony elements which is really cool. The navigation is easy, and it also includes a tutorial for the UI, when you load up the game for the first time.
– Music: The game has pluck instruments with fast-paced rhythmic soundtrack. The tracks are produced by Danny Piccione. The music is a great fit for the beach theme of the game.
Beach Buggy Racing 2 is available to play for free on both Android and iOS app stores.
CarX Highway Racing takes a different approach to race games in the market. Instead of an actual circuit track, you get to race on a moving highway with two-way traffic. It resonated instantly with the players due to its ease of controls and graphics. The optimization on this is fantastic and you compete head-on with the big players of the market. The game was released in July 2017 after the successful launch of CarX Drift Racing.
– Driving: Driving in the game is realistic although you only get to steer the car and boost it up when needed.
– Cars: There are 40 cars available in the game for you to unlock.
– Graphics: The graphics of the game are realistic but since it is not a full circuit track and only a one-way highway road, you can expect some good performance due to low rendering in the GPU.
– Friendly UI: The UI of the game is pretty intuitive and easy to learn. There is a tutorial when you start up the game but it is not detailed enough compared to the other games in the list.
– Music: CarX Highway Racing has a decent soundtrack mostly covering Rock, Indie Rock, Drum n Bass and Electronic music. The soundtrack is produced in-house of CarX Studios.
CarX Highway Racing is available to play for free on both Android and iOS app stores.
Gear.club is one of the most realistic-looking games on the list. It has a tremendous amount of content that will keep you hooked for a long time. It was released in October 2016. The climb to success for Gear.Club was steady over the years and now it is considered one of the best games available for mobile in racing category.
– Driving: Car physics are very realistic but hard to master.
– Cars: You can unlock up to 43 ultra-realistic cars in the game/
– Graphics: The graphics photo realistic and has some realistic visual effects BUT at a high game file size.
– Friendly UI: The UI is very minimal and takes time to understand everything although there is a good tutorial when you start the game for the first time.
– Music: The game has cool ambient beat music with awesome drum breaks and loops. There are many artists behind the soundtrack of Gear.Club.
Gear.Club is available to play for free on both Android and iOS app stores.
Rebel Racing is a stunning racing game with all our checklist being ticked out. This game was initially released in March 2019. It instantly became a fan favorite due to its low game size in comparison to the competition while offering all the features of a high end car game and high graphics fidelity.
– Driving: Car physics are realistic and also offers a realistic nitro simulation.
– Cars: There are insane 85 unlockable cars in the game.
– Graphics: The graphics of the game are very realistic and offers an amazing racing experience to the user. It looks like a mobile version of a console game.
– Friendly UI: The UI is very intuitive but could be tough to understand at the beginning . There is a tutorial that explains everything related to the UI
– Music: The game music includes ambient electronic instrumentals which suit very well with the graphics of the game. All the music is composed by Allister Brimble.
Rebel Racing is available to play for free on both Android and iOS.
Asphalt Nitro could be called a LITE version of the stunning Asphalt 8 and Asphalt 9. It has the most optimized build size for a mobile racing game on the list with only 45MB of installation space required. Asphalt Nitro offers a tremendous amount of content for its file size. It was released in May 2015 and has been topping charts all over the world.
– Driving: Car physics are a combination of arcade and realistic driving. Stunning stunt sequences and nitro effects. You can take down your opponents when you speed up.
– Cars: It offers 53 realistic trademarked car models from actual manufacturers.
– Graphics: Asphalt Nitro has incredible graphics and visual effects. There is no competition for this game in terms of game size and content offered.
– Friendly UI: The UI of the game is great and offers easy navigation across the game. There is a small tutorial when you play the game for the first time which always helps.
– Music: Asphalt series is known for its great soundtrack. The same could be said for Asphalt Nitro. The game has a combination of soft rock and ambient electronic music. The soundtracks for this game are produced by Vincent Labelle.
Asphalt Nitro is only available to play for Android devices currently.
GT Racing 2 could be an ideal choice for any car racing enthusiast. It offers anything and everything you could be looking for in a racing game. This game is the richest handheld racing game you could find in a mobile store. GT Racing 2 has stunning weather and time condition system which adds to the realistic car experience, this game promises. It was released way back in November 2013. Which is very impressive considering the level of graphics it has offered in the last decade with minimal performance phones.
– Driving: Car physics are realistic and very well optimized for a mobile game. There is no nitro due to the realistic racing aspect of the game but the realistic driving makes up for it.
– Cars: There are insane 81 cars from 30 car manufacturers in the game for you to unlock.
– Graphics: GT Racing 2 is one of the most realistic looking games on the list BUT it has a huge game size. The size of the game makes up for all the licensed cars and tracks available in the game. Which is very hard to find in a Free to Play title.
– Friendly UI: The UI is very professional and they also offer a detailed tutorial covering all the aspects of the game with voice commands to follow when you load up the game for the first time.
– Music: GT Racing 2 offers good audio experience mostly covering Electropop and Electronic music in the game. The soundtrack is produced by various artists from around the globe for GT Racing 2.
GT Racing 2 is available to play for free on both Androidand iOS app stores. You can also play this game on your windows laptop or PC by downloading from the Microsoft Store.
There is no racing game list complete without the famous genre-defining series Need For Speed. Need For Speed has a mobile version NFS: No Limits which breaks the boundaries of a usual mobile game. You can expect incredible console-level graphics and super realistic cars in the game. With different game modes and new Expansions being added regularly by EA, the game will keep you hooked for months if not years.
It was released in September 2015.
– Driving: Car physics are realistic and add an element of arcade to keep it fun. There is no accelerating of the car, you can only steer which makes up for an easy to learn but hard to master gameplay.
– Cars: There are more than 125+ licensed cars in the game for you to unlock.
– Graphics: Need for speed is a pioneer of the racing games. So you can expect amazing graphics fidelity with incredible performance on your handheld.
– Friendly UI: The UI is great and offers easy-to-learn navigation. There is a detailed tutorial when you start the game.
– Music: Music is a big part of the NFS series, No Limits offers hard-hitting EDM, Rock and Electronic music from legendary Steve Aoki, Travis Barker, small indie musicians like J. Nitrous, Le Castle Vania, Clutch, and Anthony Rotella.
Need For Speed: No Limits is available to play for free on both Android and iOS app stores.
Real Racing 3 is one of the most realistic-looking games available on mobile stores. You get console-level graphics quality and tremendous amounts of content for a free play game. Biggest feature in the game is multiplayer. You can either take on up to 8 people and race head to head or race with their AI versions with the technology called Time-Shifted Multiplayer™. It was released way back in February 2013 which is so impressive on how they were able to optimize this level of graphics fidelity for handhelds released almost a decade ago.
– Driving: Car Physics are fantastic in this game. You get a super accurate driving
experience in this game. There is no Nitro in the game but the car physics makes up for it.
– Cars: There are more than 300+ licensed cars in the game for you to unlock. All car manufacturers are featured in the game from Ford to Koenigsegg.
– Graphics: Real Racing is a more realistic game in comparison to Need For Speed. Real Racing has console-level quality graphics and control scheme. There are 19 real licensed race tracks from around the globe.
– Friendly UI: The UI is minimal and kind of what we see in a console game. Very easy to learn and also has a tutorial to get you started.
– Music: Real Racing 3 has a big soundtrack list mostly covering Dance/Electronic music. The soundtracks are produced by in-house producers in EA, Ryan Kurt and various other artists.
Real Racing 3 is available for you install and play on both Android and iOS app stores.
YEAP! Asphalt 9: Legends is one of the best racing games you can download on mobile in 2022. Just like the Asphalt 8, the new sequel continues to reign over its competition with its crazy gameplay including a combination of arcade-like and realistic driving physics that is fun and unique in the market. You can make crazy stunts from a building roof or a slopy mountain. Take down opponents and experience immaculate racing with the fantastic visual effects in the game. Anything else? It also features an 8 player real-time multiplayer. It has mastered player controls with the new optional control scheme introduced in this sequel. It was released in July 2018 and continues the legacy of the Asphalt series with no competition in sight in terms of gameplay.
– Driving: Probably the best car physics ever introduced in a mobile game. It has a perfect combination of arcade and realism. Stunning visual effects like nitro and crashing are also seen.
– Cars: There are 149 licensed cars in the game for you to unlock in the game. Realistic upgradation and customization is also a part of the game.
– Graphics: Fantastic photo realistic graphics of the game makes it a complete winner. It has great visual effects and very detailed tracks which only makes the gameplay better.
– Friendly UI: The UI is very easy to understand and they also show a tutorial covering each aspect of the game in detail.
– Music: Asphalt series is known for its great soundtrack, the new sequel has great music tracks mostly covering Rap/Hip Hop, Hard Rock, Future Music, and Electronic music. The music is produced by a lot of indie musicians and Disc Jockeys for the Asphalt 9 soundtrack.
Asphalt 9: Legends is available for you to enjoy for free on both Android and iOS app stores.
Thanks for your interest!
We hope this article helped you find the best racing games available to install for free on your mobiles as of 2022. If you're looking for games that don't take up any storage space in your devices. You can check out curated car games section on TopSpeed.
If you're browsing from your mobile phones. You can check out our curated mobile games on TopSpeed.->ke6000
Lakshy’s game dev journey started at the age of 14 when he got fascinated by a game called ‘Bully – The Scholarship Edition’. At the age of 15, Lakshy started pursuing game dev as a serious hobby while finishing high school which resulted in partnerships with major game publishers across mobile and web. Lakshy is a self taught game developer, His journey has been full of trials and errors which eventually lead to a big break at the age of 18 with his car games. Currently, his games have more than 6 million plays across the web and he has a successful mobile games portfolio.
Top 10 Best Mobile Racing Games 2022 – TopSpeed
Get to know the top 10 games offering the best car racing simulation available on mobile!